The San Antonio Breastfeeding Coalition has a resource library available to all registered members. This gives our members access to the latest information and research in the field of lactation.
1. Must be an SABC member to check out a resource item. Join SABC.
2. To request the resource item of choice, e-mail us at email@example.com. If the item is available, the coordinator will bring to the next SABC meeting or make alternate arrangements for pick up. If item is out on loan, requester will be placed on a wait list.
3. Recommended check out period is 30 days. Item can be checked out again if no one has wait listed it.
4. Each member may only have two items checked out at any one time.
5. Member who checks item out is responsible for cost of item if lost or damaged.
6. If there is a desired book and/or resource not on our list, please send information about the item to education coordinator. Item will be added to the wish list.
7. DONATIONS of gently used books always appreciated!!! Monetary donations to this program will be used to buy books on the wish list. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Donate to SABC.
- Immunobiology of Human Milk: How breastfeeding protects babies
-Lars A. Hanson, M.D., Ph.D
- Balancing Breast & Bottle
-Amy Peterson, BS, IBCLC & Mindy Harmer, MA, CCC-SLP
- Breastfeeding Conditions and Diseases
-Anne Merewood, MA, IBCLC & Barbara L. Philipp, MD, IBCLC
- The Lactation Consultant in Private Practice, The ABC’s of getting started
-Linda J. Smith
- Impact of Birthing Practices on Breastfeeding (Second Edition)
-Linda J. Smith & Mary Kroeger
- The Nature of Birth and Breastfeeding
- Lactation Management. Techniques, tips, and tools for the Health Care Provider
-Maureen Hoag Dann, PNP, IBCLC
- Best Practice for Expressing, Storing and Handling Human Milk in Hospitals, Homes, and Child Care Settings (3rd edition)
-Human Milk Banking Association of North America
- The Breastfeeding Atlas (Fifth Edition)
-Wilson-Clay and Hoover
- Pocket Guide for Lactation Management
-Karin Cadwell and Cindy Turner-maffei
- The Healthcare Provider’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- The Business Case for Breastfeeding
- Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam Review (Fourth Edition)
-Linda J. Smith
- Perspectives on Lactation: Is private Practice for me?
• 1 hr April 19, 2011 “Mother-infant sleep location and nighttime feeding behavior: Where do babies sleep?” by Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., IBCLC.
• 1 hr December 1, 2011 “Human-milk sharing: getting a grip on a fast-evolving reality” by James Akre, BA, MPIA.
• 8 hr February 18, 2012, “Texas Breastfeeding Summit Improving Exclusive Breastfeeding Rates in the Hospital Setting”.
• USCLA Webinar “Reimbursement 101” by Gini Baker, RN, MPH, IBCLC &Judith Gutowski BA, IBCLC.
• USCLA Webinar “Getting Started with Aetna” by Shannon Montgomery & Jenee Dederichs.
Webinars are for informational purposes only.
Contact USLCA for Cerp Information.
A special thank you to those that have donated to the SABC lending library!
Amy K. Duval
Mary Beth Blue
North Central Baptist Hospital
United States Lactation Consultant Association