The San Antonio Breastfeeding Coalition has a resource library available to all registered members. This gives our members access to the latest information and research in the field of lactation.
1. Must be an SABC member to check out a resource item. Join SABC.
2. To request the resource item of choice, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the item is available, the coordinator will bring to the next SABC meeting or make alternate arrangements for pick up. If item is out on loan, requester will be placed on a wait list.
3. Recommended check out period is 30 days. Item can be checked out again if no one has wait listed it.
4. Each member may only have two items checked out at any one time.
5. Member who checks item out is responsible for cost of item if lost or damaged.
6. If there is a desired book and/or resource not on our list, please send information about the item to education coordinator. Item will be added to the wish list.
7. DONATIONS of gently used books always appreciated!!! Monetary donations to this program will be used to buy books on the wish list. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Donate to SABC.
• Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam Review 3rd ed. ~ Linda J. Smith.
• Balancing Breast and Bottle: Reaching Your Breastfeeding Goals ~Amy Peterson, BS, IBCLC & Mindy Harmer, MA, CCC-SLP.
• Best Practice for Expressing, Storing and Handling Human Milk 3rd Edition 2011 ~ Frances Jones Human Milk Banking Association of North America.
• Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making for Milk ~ Diana West, IBCLC & Lisa Marasco, MA, IBCLC.
• Breastfeedng and Human Lactation, 4th ed. ~ Jan Riordan.
• Impact of Birthing Practices on Breastfeeding: Protecting the Mother & Baby Continuum ~ Mary Kroeger with Linda J. Smith.
• Medication and Mother’s Milk 2012 ~ Thomas Hale.
• Pocket Guide for Lactation Management ~ Karin Cadwell & Cindy Turner-Maffei.
• Right From the Start: How Texas Hospitals Can Reduce Obesity Through Breastfeeding Policies ~ Texas Department of State Health Services.
• Steps for Creating a Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite ~ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
• The Breastfeeding Atlas 5th ed.~ Wilson Clay & Hoover.
• The Business Case for Breastfeeding: Steps for Creating a Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite ~ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
•The Lactation Consultant in Private Practice: The ABCs of Getting Started ~ Linda J. Smith.
• A Premie Needs His Mother: First Steps to Breastfeeding Your Premature Infant DVD-R ~ Jane Morton, MD (Breastmilk Solutions).
• Biological Nurturing Laid-Back Breastfeeding for Mothers-DVD ~ Colson, Frantz & Mohrbacker.
• Breast Pumps & Briefcases: Breastfeeding for the Working Mom DVD ~ Shaki Criso MSN, RN, CNM, IBCLC.
• Breastfeeding: A Guide to Getting Started DVD-R ~ Jane Morton, MD (Breastmilk Solutions).
• Breastfeeding Management, Educational Tools for Health Professionals DVD-R ~Jane Morton, MD (Breastmilk Solutions).
• In Your Hands: The Importance of Mother’s Milk for Premature Babies DVD ~ Paula Meier, RN, DNSc, FAAN(Rush Mothers Milk Club).
• Making Enough Milk, The Key to Succussful Breastfeeding Planning for Day One DVD-R ~Jane Morton, MD (Breastmilk Solutions).
• The Magical Hour: Holding Your Baby Skin to Skin in the First Hour After Birth ~ Kajsa Brimdyr.
• 1 hr April 19, 2011 “Mother-infant sleep location and nighttime feeding behavior: Where do babies sleep?” by Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., IBCLC.
• 1 hr December 1, 2011 “Human-milk sharing: getting a grip on a fast-evolving reality” by James Akre, BA, MPIA.
• 8 hr February 18, 2012, “Texas Breastfeeding Summit Improving Exclusive Breastfeeding Rates in the Hospital Setting”.
• USCLA Webinar “Reimbursement 101” by Gini Baker, RN, MPH, IBCLC &Judith Gutowski BA, IBCLC.
• USCLA Webinar “Getting Started with Aetna” by Shannon Montgomery & Jenee Dederichs.
Webinars are for informational purposes only.
Contact USLCA for Cerp Information.
A special thank you to those that have donated to the SABC lending library!
Amy K. Duval
Mary Beth Blue
North Central Baptist Hospital
United States Lactation Consultant Association